Going Through Separation or Divorce?
XPANSE provides access to support, tools, resources and inspiration. Become part of a holistic empowerment program designed for women by women and connect with an integrated team of 'Empowerers' that offer you a sense of ease in all areas of your life.
Meet Empowerer, Meredith Cox
Collaborative Family Lawyer,
Mediator and Enlightened Litigator
Meredith Cox's practice focuses exclusively on family and divorce as well as resolving family disputes through litigation, arbitration, mediation, negotiation of domestic contracts (separation agreements, cohabitation agreements, marriage contract) and collaborative family practice. Learn more about Meredith.
We invite you to explore the XPANSE program and enroll in the next program starting soon!
|Tracy's Q and Eh? |
Q: How can I reduce my mortgage costs?
Eh: Here are 5 ways:
1. Most mortgages offer pre-payment privileges that let you pay an extra 10 to 25 per cent, per payment or per year. Those payments go directly to the principal and can take years off your mortgage, but few people take advantage of it.
2. Changing from monthly payments to accelerated bi-weekly payments will pay off your mortgage sooner - with significant savings in interest.
3. If your mortgage is up for renewal and you're paying rates from five years ago, get the current lower rate, but don't rush to reduce your payment.
4. Shop around at renewal time. If your current mortgage financing is through a bank, pay attention to how they don't offer a competitive rate until you present it to them via other lender. Is that really fair?
5. Consult with an Accredited Mortgage Professional like Tracy Irwin and get her knowledge and experience working for you to open doors!
Tracy Irwin, AMP